- If seats are no longer available, you can sign up to be placed on a waitlist, and we will contact you as soon as a seat becomes available.
- There are no refunds, including a situation where the student’s bus pass has been revoked due to not following the rules, unless the student has moved out of the district before April 1, 2020.
- Pick-up and drop-off times will be emailed to you prior to the start of the school year once schedules have been finalized.
Walking to and Waiting for Your Bus
- Students will be required to get on and off at their assigned stop only.
- Plan your walking route to the bus stop with a parent or guardian
- Get to your stop five minutes early
- Have your Bus Pass ready to display
- Wait quietly at the stop away from the street
- Make sure the bus driver can see you! If you can’t see the bus driver’s eyes, you are too close to the bus!
Boarding the Bus
- Wait until the bus is stopped, and the bus driver says it’s OK, before boarding
- Hold on to the rails while boarding
- Show the bus driver your bus pass
- Find a seat, sit down, and buckle up!
- Keep the aisle clear
- Don’t bring anything on the bus that is not allowed at school
Riding the Bus
- Remain seated at all times
- Keep body parts inside the bus at all times
- Talk quietly with friends
- Listen to the bus driver, who always wants to make sure you are safe
- Don’t stand while the bus is moving
- If you have any questions or concerns, ask your friendly Bus driver!
Getting Off the Bus
- Don’t get off the bus until you are sure you are at the correct stop
- Wait until the bus is stopped, and the bus driver says it’s OK, before getting off the bus
- Don’t push or shove
- Once you are off the bus, don’t run in front of the bus or in between buses
- Once children exit the bus, they are the responsibility of their parents or guardians. If students require supervision once dropped off, please plan to arrive early so they are not at the stop unsupervised.
Additional Behavior Guidelines
- No sharing bus passes
- No eating, drinking or littering on the bus
- Do not throw objects out of, on, or at bus
- Be courteous, no harassing others
- No fighting, profanity or spitting
- Do not vandalize the bus, bus stop or surrounding property
- No smoking or fire hazards on bus
- No illegal substance abuse or controlled substance use
- No animals or hazardous materials or objects are allowed on the bus.
- All items brought on the bus should be in a backpack, except for approved musical instruments or sports equipment.
- A verbal warning shall be issued to students violating behavior guidelines
- After a verbal warning, an Incident Report Form shall be submitted to the school, the student’s parents and First Student
- The school may take appropriate disciplinary action
- The School Bus Coordinator may suspend or revoke transportation privileges without refund
- Parents/guardians are financially responsible for vandalism caused by their child